Wednesday 16 January 2013

knitting update


The top photograph is Everglade. I like this hat very much, it seems to suit me better than the beanie style Snawheid which although I loved knitting it, hasn't been worn much. The yarn is Jamiesons (as distinct from Jamieson and Smith) Shetland double knitting. Jamiesons wool is produced in Shetland. When we were on holiday a few years ago I looked round the spinning mill at Sandness and having seen where it was produced, I have a fondness for this wool. This colour is loganberry and is a lovely purple marl.

The rest of the photographs are my progress with Rams and Yowes blanket by Kate Davies. For this I am using Jamieson and Smith wool, Shetland Supreme Jumper Weight in natural undyed colours. I enjoy fair isle knitting and this is a fun pattern.


I have completed one section of yowes (ewes)


and am part way through the rams.


The weather has turned colder, there is a forecast of snow later in the week, exactly the right season to spend my evenings knitting with a growing blanket on my lap.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous Willow! I especially like the fair isle patterns :)And did you see my reply on your food post? Please advise away!!

willow said...

Yes I did notice your reply, I'll chip in again if you are posting about healthy eating!

VintagePretty said...

Such beautiful knitting! Thanks to your blog, I discovered Kate Davies' work. I particularly like her 'Owls' pattern and am eager to try some more of her designs!

Keep on knitting :)

Tash from vintagepretty.org