Saturday 19 January 2013

pretty and cold


The snow reached us yesterday as predicted. The school I work at was open first thing in the morning and then everybody was sent home as the snow fell thick and fast.

By lunch time the main roads in the village were clear but our road, which is a cul-de-sac and so has less traffic and no gritting remains white, icy and treacherous. I drove my son to work this morning and will be picking him up this evening but other than that I am staying warm at home.


Yesterday, when the snow was fresh I went for a walk.


The snow is very pretty, outlining all the branches



and twigs. I would enjoy snow if I didn't have to drive in it.


Back at home I noticed individual snow flakes getting caught in cob webs outside the window. They were only there for a few minutes before melting but I managed to photograph just one.


Hope everybody with snow is keeping safe and warm.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! And what an amazing ability to catch that single snowflake. Enjoy the coziness in home :)